Wednesday, February 24, 2010

National FFA Week...

National FFA Week is in full swing and it has been a whirl wind of activity at our house. It started last Thursday with Carlie and several fellow FFA'ers getting to make a commercial to promote Lumberjack Day. As you can imagine none of them really look like lumberjacks, but I'm told they had a stellar performance. (I've requested a copy of the DVD) The week was kicked off by a Bonfire, Monday night, at Mr Bradford's. (which I didn't know about until the afternoon of... but that's life with teenagers) I get a text about 2:30 (yes school is still in session at this time) this one's from Justin..."bonfire tonite FFA... can I go" so sure I said yes. My next thought is, I know Carlie will want to go... Sure enough as soon as I pick her up at 3pm, "Hey there's a bonfire tonight for FFA, can I go?" Sure. " Can Rissa go with me?" Sure " She'll need to spend the night and ride with us to school tomorrow." That's fine. " Can Wes take us to the bonfire?" Ask your daddy... (I don't remember getting an instruction manual when I brought her home from the hospital, but I'm sure I was supposed to have one... really would like to read that chapter on teenagers...) After much consideration, and a conversation with Rissa's mom, we agreed to let Wes take them to the bonfire. All went well, home by 8:30. Great time had by all. But it's just Monday...

After the bonfire, when every one's settling in for the night, Carlie comes out of her room to say, "Oh, yea... the FFA Alumni Banquets tomorrow night and they really want parents to come" Thanks for the advanced notice... But what do you do, I said okay, put me down, I'll be there. Tim however was fortunate enough to be on call this week, so he didn't have to attend... (MEN. They always find a way out of things.) The banquet went well, won a few items at the silent auction. Carlie got a surprise... the president of NGA's FFA could not come and as secretary, she got to do the announcements... She freaked for just a second, but when it came to the task at hand, she did great!

Well it's Wednesday, not sure if there's any FFA activity planned for tonight, but I really hope it's a nice quiet evening at home...

1 comment:

  1. We have to make something for the teachers to eat at school tomorrow. Baylee tells me last night at my moms at 8:30 that she needed me to make bar cookies for today which I did at bedtime. This morning she said, "Mom are you going to be mad if I tell you that I need the bar cookies for tomorrow instead?" So I have mine made ahead unless we eat them all and I have to make more....which is possible at my house. Love this post!!!!!

    ReplyDelete